Where else can you find out how to increase productivity and also enjoy a complimentary lunch? I will be kicking off Copeco’s popular Snacks and Solutions event series Thursday, March 14 with a session on Scanning Basics. From 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at our North Canton, OH, location, I will share a variety of scanning tips that will help you increase productivity and get the most out of your Sharp copier.
You probably already know that document scanning is the conversion of paper documents into electronic images on your computer. Regularly using this feature on your Sharp printers and copiers can help you find information you need, when you need it. Some interesting facts about document retrieval:
- It takes an average of 20 minutes to retrieve a paper document, but only 40 seconds to retrieve an electronic one.
- 68% of workers do not have proper access to the information they need.
- 30% of a worker’s day (2.5 hours) is spent looking for information.
- 30% of paper documents are lost each year.
- A misfiled paper document costs $120 to recover.
- A lost document costs $350 to recreate.
Once a document is scanned into your computer, you can convert paper documents into editable formats compatible with Word and Excel. In addition, you can convert forms into “fillable” documents instead of completing them by hand—talk about a time saver! I will give you step-by-step instructions on the scanning process, tips on how to file your electronic documents, and discuss the many other benefits of using electronic document retrieval.
Class size is limited, so if you are a business owner or employee in the Canton or Akron area, we do not want you to miss out on this free informational event. Register here. And if you are a business owner in other parts of Ohio, including the Toledo area, Copeco can meet all your Sharp printer and copier needs. Contact us today!