You have worked long and hard on that report for your new client. Now is the time to make sure you wow them with a report that looks as professional as it reads—after all, presentation is everything! An easy way to showcase your efforts is to use paper of a different thickness for the front and back pages of your report.
Copeco’s Sharp copiers and printers offer a convenient way to do just that. With a few simple steps, you can program your Sharp copier to pull paper from different trays while still printing the job in order. The result is a perfectly collated report that is ready for the binding of your choice.
Specialized Printing on a Windows PC
In addition to printing the front and back covers on heavier paper, when using Windows you can also insert colored paper or paper of a different type at specified pages. Blank pages can also be inserted at intervals of your choosing while working on a Windows PC.
- Select “Different Paper” and click the “Settings” button.
- Select paper insertion settings.
- Select the insertion position, paper source and printing method from the corresponding menus.
- Click the “Add” button to show the selected settings in “Information.”
- When you have completed the settings, click the “Save” button in “User Settings” to save the settings.
Note that when “Bypass Tray” is selected in “Paper Source,” be sure to select the “Paper Type” and load that type of paper in the bypass tray. In addition, when “Other Page” is selected for “Insert Position,” the insert position can be specified by directly entering a page number.
Specialized Printing on a Mac
When using this function in a Macintosh environment, you can use your Sharp printer to assign a specific page thickness to the front and back covers. Compatible operating systems include Mac OS 9, Mas OS X v10.4.11 and v10.5 to 10.5.5.
- Select “Printer Features” in the print dialog box.
- Select “Different Paper.”
- Select “Cover Insertion” settings.
- Select the print setting, paper tray and paper type for the cover page and last page.
Note that in Mac OS 9, you must select “Different Paper” and then select the settings for the cover page and last page.
The result is a presentation that is sure to impress your client from cover to cover. Let us know how your Sharp copier or printer has helped you make a good impression in the comments section below. And if you are in need of printer and copier solutions in the Canton, Akron or Toledo areas, Copeco can help. Contact us today.
Image Credit: stuartphoto/123RF Stock Photo