Sometimes you just want simple. Like an “old-fashioned” cell phone that just made calls. Or a remote control with three functions: power, channels and volume. Or Internet dial-up with AOL. (Well, maybe not that last one.)
For example, perhaps you need to print one envelope only, not an entire mail-merged list. If you own a Sharp copier or printer, I’ve got good news for you. This process truly is simple. Here’s how…
On your computer:
- Open a new Word document.
- If you have an older version of Word (prior to 2007), select “Tools,” then “Letters and Mailings” and then “Envelopes and Labels.” In newer versions of Word, click on the “Mailings” tab and select “Envelopes.”
- Type the delivery address and return address in the appropriately labeled boxes.
- Click on the “Options” button and go to the “Envelope Options” tab. There you can select the envelope size, as well as bar-coding and fonts.
- Now switch to the “Printing Options” tab and under “Feed Method,” select second-to-last icon (envelope image face-down in center of box) and choose “Bypass Tray” under the “Feed From” option.
- Click the OK button to process these settings. You’ll be returned to the “Envelopes and Labels” box.
- If you want to print just one envelope with these addresses, click “Print.”
However, if you want to print multiple envelopes with the same address and return address, follow steps 1 through 6 and then:
- Click on “Add to Document” in the “Envelopes and Labels” box and click “No” when the pop-up message appears.
- In the document, place your cursor on the return address. The cursor should be blinking.
- Select “File” and then “Print.” Under “Page Range,” select “Current Page,” and under “Copies,” enter the number of copies you want to make. Click “OK” to process these settings.
At the Sharp Multi-function Printer:
- Add one or more envelopes in the designated position on the bypass tray.
- Touch “Paper Select” on the LCD panel and then the paper type in the button under bypass.
- Touch “Envelope,” then “COM-10” and then “OK” twice. The bypass is now set for envelopes.
- When you’re finished printing, return the “Paper Select” option to original set-up after printing is complete.